Memorial Hermann Memorial City - Bariatric Band Evaluation Phone Consultation
Bariatric Band Evaluation Phone Consultation
Memorial Hermann Memorial City NewStart Weight Loss Surgery program is now offering a Comprehensive Band Evaluation Program.
Schedule online today your one on one telephone consultation.
For your convenience, we have developed an evaluation that can assist with determining why your weight loss procedure hasn’t worked as you thought it would.
Occasionally, a patient who has undergone gastric banding procedure – particularly if the procedure was done years ago – develops symptoms that indicate the band is not performing as it should. When that happens, a thorough evaluation of the band can help determine the best options to help get back on track.
Those options can include emotional support and counseling, diet modifications, possible modification of the band, or changing to a metabolic-based weight-loss procedure.
What symptoms may indicate that my gastric band needs evaluating?
If you suffer from heartburn, nausea, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, abdominal pain, not losing weight, or regaining weight that you had lost, an evaluation can help you determine the cause of the problem.
What do those symptoms indicate?
Any of these symptoms mean that your band needs to be assessed. The band may simply need to be loosened (unfilled) or tightened (filled); or it may have slipped due to repeated vomiting or re-positioned itself. The symptoms could also be a sign of more serious concerns including a dilated esophagus/enlarged pouch or the band could be eroding into your stomach.
What does an evaluation include?
Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center offers a comprehensive gastric band evaluation that includes the following:
• a lifestyle questionnaire that profiles your day-to-day activities and pinpoints emotional stimuli – such as happiness, sadness and stress – that prompt unnecessary eating
• a meeting with a dietician specializing in bariatrics who will evaluate your eating patterns, help identify and correct problem areas, and create a personalized diet plan for you.
• an upper gastrointestinal (UGI) swallow test, which will be reviewed by a radiologist and bariatric specialist which helps determines position and how food passes through the band.
How do I get started?
Schedule online a complimentary one on one phone consultation to determine what your next step will be.
What happens after the evaluation?
The results of these assessments are evaluated by a multi-disciplinary team that includes a surgeon, dietician and nurse who specialize in weight-loss surgery. When your evaluation is complete, your team will discuss the results with you and assist you in making an informed decision on the next steps that will get you back to losing weight. They will also outline available medical options, ranging from lifestyle adjustments to procedures that will adjust or remove your band, or move you to a metabolic weight loss procedure that creates changes in your energy balance and increases fat metabolism.
Why Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center?
Each year, highly experienced weight-loss surgeons affiliated with Memorial Hermann perform more than 1100 bariatric procedures – more than any other weight-loss program in Texas . Our surgeons are national recognized and specialized in evaluating why a weight loss procedure is not being effective. They work with patients from around the country on developing solutions so patients get back on track with their health and weight loss goals. Please word better…. The hospital has been recognized as a fully accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- AARP - Medicare Advantage POS
- AARP - Medicare CompletePlus (HMO)
- Accountable/Interplan - PPO
- Aetna - EPO
- Aetna - HMO
- Aetna - Indemnity
- Aetna - Managed Choice
- Aetna - Medicare Advantage Replacement HMO
- Aetna - Medicare Advantage Replacement PPO
- Aetna - POS
- Aetna - PPO
- Aetna - TRS
- Aetna - Workers' Compensation Access
- Aetna Whole Health
- Amerigroup - HMO
- BC/BS - Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- BC/BS - HMO
- BC/BS - PPO
- BC/BS - Traditional Indemnity
- BC/BS Medicare
- BeechStreet - PPO
- Cigna - EPO
- Cigna - Fundamental Care (PPO)
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna - HMO Open Access
- Cigna - HMO Open Access Plus
- Cigna - Indemnity
- Cigna - POS
- Cigna - POS Open Access
- Cigna - PPO
- Cigna - PPO Starbridge
- Cigna - Shared Administration (PPO)
- Community Health Choice
- Employers Health Network - PPO
- Great West Healthcare - HMO
- Great West Healthcare - Open Access
- Great West Healthcare - POS
- Great West Healthcare - PPO
- HealthSmart - HMO
- HealthSmart - PPO
- Humana - ChoiceCare PPO
- Humana - Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana - HMO
- Humana - Medicare Replacement PPO
- Humana - National POS
- Humana - PPO
- Humana - Preferred PPO
- Independent Medical Systems (IMS) - PPO
- KelseyCare - Advantage Preferred
- Medicaid - Texas Traditional
- Memorial Hermann Choice - MH Choice
- Memorial Hermann Elect - MH Elect
- Memorial Hermann Employees - MH Employees
- Memorial Hermann Select - MH Select
- MHealth - EDGE
- MHealth - Insurance Plans
- MHealth - MHHS Freedom of Choice
- MultiPlan - PHCS
- Pacificare - PPO
- Provider Select - PPO
- Self Pay (No Insurance)
- TexanPlus - Texan Plus through KAHNP
- Texas Children's Health Plan - CHIP (Children's Health Ins. Program)
- Three Rivers Provider Network - NTW
- Traditional Medicaid
- Tricare - Prime
- Tricare - Standard
- Unicare - PPO
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Choice HMO
- United Healthcare - Choice Plus HMO
- United Healthcare - EPO
- United Healthcare - HMO
- United Healthcare - Indemnity
- United Healthcare - Options PPO
- United Healthcare - POS
- United Healthcare - PPO
- United Healthcare - Select Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Select POS
- WellCare - Insurance Plans
Memorial Hermann Memorial City Bariatric Band Evaluation Phone Consultation
920 Frostwood Houston, TX 77024 (713) 242-4600