Lloyd Harold Stegemann, MD
PracticeThe Better Weigh Center
5826 Esplanade Dr., Suite 102Corpus Christi, TX 78414(The Better Weigh Center)
Dr. Lloyd Stegemann, a private practice, board certified general surgeon, focuses his practice exclusively on medical and surgical weight loss. He was recognized as a Center of Excellence surgeon by the Surgical Review Corporation and has personally performed over 1,000 weight loss operations including gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, and revisional surgery.
Dr. Stegemann has been instrumental in organizing the practice of bariatric surgery in the state of Texas. He organized the first meeting of bariatric surgeons in the state which eventually led to the creation of the Texas Association for Bariatric Surgery (TABS) where he served as the group’s first President. Dr. Stegemann is also very involved with the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons and has been an active member on numerous committees. Dr. Stegemann serves on the Board of Directors of the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC), the only national non-profit organization that serves to educate the public on matters of weight, increase patient access to obesity treatments, and to end obesity discrimination. He currently chairs the Membership Committee for the OAC and serves as the Educational Co-Chair for the OAC Your Weight Matters National Conference.
Dr. Stegemann currently serves at the Medical Director of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery program at Bay Area Hospital.
- Texas Association for Bariatric Surgery
- American Society of Metabolic Surgeons
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence Surgeon by the Surgical Review Corporation
- President of Texas Association for Bariatric Surgery (Previously)
- National Instructor for the Realize Band (Previously)
- Featured on Discovery Channel
- Authored Prescription for Success After Weight Loss Surgery Program