Ajay K. Bindal, MD
PracticeAjay K. Bindal MD
Dr. Ajay Bindal graduated top in his class from high school here in Houston. He was admitted directly into medical school, allowing him to skip two years of college. This is why Dr. Ajay Bindal has the distinction of being one of the few neurosurgeons in the country to start his practice at age 29. He was selected to the Medical Honor Society, Alpha Omega Alpha, in his junior year of medical school (instead of his senor year) due to exceptional performance. He graduated with "Distinction" from medical school.
Dr. Ajay Bindal obtained his neurosurgery training from the prestigious Mayfield Clinic. He published a number of original articles in basic science and clinical neurosurgery that have changed the way neurosurgeons practice today. He has presented original research work to national and international meetings on topics ranging from brain tumors to congenital anomalies. He did basic science and clinical research at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr Ajay Bindal is committed to providing excellent and compassionate clinical care. It is our mission to treat our patients with integrity, respect, and honest communication. We commit to continuous quality improvement with the ultimate goal of offering the best clinical experience for our patients.
We have been providing neurosurgical care in houston since 1996 and have treated a large number of patients in the community. Our reputation is strong, as former patients and physicians will attest.
- Aetna - Medicare Advantage Replacement HMO
- Aetna - Medicare Advantage Replacement PPO
- Aetna - Medicare Private Fee for Service Plans (PFFS)
- Aetna - OA
- Aetna - POS
- Aetna - PPO
- Aetna - Workers' Compensation Access
- BC/BS - HMO
- BC/BS - PPO
- BC/BS - Traditional Indemnity
- BC/BS Medicare
- BC/BS of Massachusetts - Access Blue
- Memorial Hermann Choice - MH Choice
- Memorial Hermann Elect - MH Elect
- Memorial Hermann Employees - MH Employees
- Memorial Hermann Select - MH Select
- Neurological Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- 1.Bindal AK, Storrs BB, McLone DG: Occipital meningoceles in the Dandy-Walker syndrome. Neurosurgery 28:844-847, 1991.
- 2.Bindal AK, Storrs BB, McLone DG: Management of the Dandy-Walker syndrome. Pediatric Neurosurg 16:163-169, 1991
- 3.Britt PM, Bindal AK, Balko G, Yeh HS: Lipoma of the cerebral cortex. ActaNeurochirurgica (Wien) 121:88-92, 1993
- 4.Yamamoto M, Sawaya R, Mohanam S, Bindal AK, Bruner JM, Oka K, Rao VH, Tomonaga M, Nicolson GL, Rao JS: Expression and localization of urokinase-type plasminogen activator 1 in human astrocytomas in vivo. Cancer Res 54:3656-3661, July 1994.
- 5.Bindal AK, Hammoud M, Sawaya R, Rao JS: Prognostic significance of proteolytic enzymes in human brain tumors. J Neurooncol 22:101-110, 1994.
- 6.Bindal AK, Bindal RK, van Loveren HR, Sawaya R: Management of intracranial plasmacytoma. J Neurosurg 83:218-221, 1995
- 7.Bindal AK, Dunsker SB, Tew J Jr: Chiari I malformation: Classification and management. Neurosurgery 37:1067-1074, 1995.
- 8.Bindal AK, Tew J Jr: Surgical Management of the Chiari I malformation. Crit Rev Neurosurg 5:1-6, 1995
- 9.Bindal AK, Melin-Aldama H, Blisard KS, Warnick RE: Primary T-cell lymphoma of the brain in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: Case report. J Neurooncol (In press).
- 10.Bindal AK, Bindal RK, Hess KR, Hassenbusch SJ, Shi WM, Shiu A, Maor M, Sawaya R: Surgery versus radiosurgery in the treatment of brain metastasis. J Neurosurg 84:748-754, 1996.
- 11.Rao JS, Yamamoto M, Bindal AK, Shi W, Wu SZ, Sawaya R: The fibrinolytic system in human brain tumors: Association with pathophysiological conditions of malignant brain tumors. In: Paul L. Kornblith (ed): Advances in Neuro-Oncology. Vol. 2. (In press
- 12.Bindal AK, Bindal RK, Hess KR, Hassenbusch SJ, Shi WM, Shiu A, Maor M, Sawaya R: Surgery versus radiosurgery in the treatment of brain metastasis. J Neurosurg 84:Collections, October 2011, Volume 15, Issue 4.
Available Online Appointments