Memorial Hermann Memorial City Digestive Health Center now offers the ability to schedule your colonoscopy screening on-line using or by calling The Digestive Health Center at 713-242-4373. For your convenience, a separate consultation visit at the physician’s office is no longer required, saving you time, effort and money.
Online scheduling can be utilized for asymptomatic patients between 50 and 70 years old, who are in generally good health and who have not been previously screened, or who were screened more than 10 years ago.
Our providers are dedicated to making sure that all of your health care needs are met with the utmost in quality, compassion and care.
Did you know?
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the U.S., and 90% of colorectal cancer deaths are preventable.
Do not put it off another year.
Colonoscopies should be done every 10 years, beginning at age 50.
This procedure looks inside the rectum and colon for polyps, abnormal areas, or cancer. A colonoscope (a thin, lighted tube) is inserted through the rectum into the colon. Polyps or tissue samples may be taken for biopsy. You will receive sedation, and are not awake, during this procedure.
Colonoscopy, considered the "gold standard" of colorectal cancer screening, is among the most-frequently performed endoscopic procedures. Its purpose is trifold - diagnostic, preventative and interventional. A colonoscopy gets to the bottom of troublesome gastrointestinal symptoms, screens for diseases of the colon and removes precancerous lesions. If necessary, small biopsies may be taken and sent to pathology.
- Aetna - HMO
- Aetna - Medicare Advantage Replacement HMO
- Aetna - Medicare Advantage Replacement PPO
- Aetna - POS
- Aetna - PPO
- Aetna Whole Health
- Amerigroup - HMO
- BC/BS - Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- BC/BS - HMO
- BC/BS - PPO
- BeechStreet - PPO
- Cigna - Fundamental Care (PPO)
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna - HMO Open Access
- Cigna - HMO Open Access Plus
- Cigna - POS
- Cigna - POS Open Access
- Cigna - PPO
- Community Health Choice
- Great West Healthcare - HMO
- Great West Healthcare - Open Access
- Great West Healthcare - POS
- Great West Healthcare - PPO
- HealthSmart - PPO
- Humana - ChoiceCare PPO
- Humana - HMO
- Humana - National POS
- Humana - PPO
- Independent Medical Systems (IMS) - PPO
- KelseyCare - Advantage Preferred
- Memorial Hermann Choice - MH Choice
- Memorial Hermann Elect - MH Elect
- Memorial Hermann Employees - MH Employees
- Memorial Hermann Select - MH Select
- MHealth - EDGE
- MHealth - Insurance Plans
- MultiPlan - PHCS
- Pacificare - PPO
- Self Pay (No Insurance)
- TexanPlus - Texan Plus through KAHNP
- Texas Children's Health Plan - CHIP (Children's Health Ins. Program)
- Three Rivers Provider Network - NTW
- Traditional Medicaid
- United Healthcare - Choice Plus HMO
- United Healthcare - Options PPO
- United Healthcare - POS
- United Healthcare - PPO
- WellCare - Insurance Plans
Memorial City Campus Digestive Health Center
Digestive Health Center Entrance 920 Frostwood Drive Houston, TX 77024 (713) 242-4300