Kevin J. Coupe, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist), Sports Medicine (surgeon)
PracticeUT Physicians - Orthopaedics
9305 Pinecroft Dr, Suite 400The Woodlands, TX 77380
After growing up in Hereford, Texas, Dr. Coupe attended Rice University where he received a Bachelors of Arts degree. His Medical Doctorate was received from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School. He continued on at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School to complete both an internship in general surgery and an orthopedic surgical residency. He has practiced in the Texas Medical Center for over ten years, concentrating on sports medicine and for the care of orthopedic trauma patients. Dr. Coupe served as the team physician for Rice University for ten years, Kincaid High School for five years, and assisted with several Houston area high schools.
- Aetna - HMO
- Aetna - Indemnity
- Aetna - Managed Choice
- Aetna - Medicare Private Fee for Service Plans (PFFS)
- Aetna - POS
- Aetna - PPO
- Aetna - Workers' Compensation Access
- Alliance Work Comp Pool and TML (Alliance Network)
- Amerigroup - Amerivantage
- Amerigroup - HMO
- Amerigroup - Star/Star Plus
- Amerigroup - Texas - Star
- Amerigroup - Texas - Star Plus
- BC/BS - Basic 5
- BC/BS - Blue Choice Bronze PPO
- BC/BS - Blue Choice Gold PPO
- BC/BS - Blue Choice Silver PPO
- BC/BS - Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- BC/BS - Blue Security Choice PPO
- BC/BS - PPO
- BC/BS - Premier 1
- BC/BS - Premier 2
- BC/BS - Solution 3
- BC/BS - Solution 4
- BeechStreet - PPO
- BeechStreet - Workers Compensation
- Cigna - EPO
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna - HMO Open Access
- Cigna - LifeSOURCE Transplant
- Cigna - POS
- Cigna - PPO
- Cigna - PPO Starbridge
- Coastal Comp Health Network - Workers' Compensation
- Community Health Choice - STAR (Medicaid)
- CommunityCare - Bronze
- CommunityCare - Gold
- CommunityCare - Silver
- Coventry Health Care - Advantra Freedom (Medicare)
- Coventry Health Care - PPO
- Coventry Health Care - Workers' Compensation
- First Health - HMO
- First Health - PPO
- Great West Healthcare - HMO
- Great West Healthcare - POS
- Great West Healthcare - PPO
- HealthSmart - EPO
- HealthSmart - PPO
- Humana - Connect Basic 6350/6350
- Humana - Connect Bronze 4850/6350
- Humana - Connect Bronze 6300/6300
- Humana - Connect Gold 2500/3500
- Humana - Connect Platinum 0/1500
- Humana - Connect Silver 4600/6300
- Humana - National POS
- Humana - PPO
- Humana - Preferred POS
- Medicaid - Texas Traditional
- Memorial Hermann Choice - MH Choice
- Memorial Hermann Elect - MH Elect
- Memorial Hermann Employees - MH Employees
- Memorial Hermann Select - MH Select
- MHealth - Insurance Plans
- MHealth - MHHNP Freedom of Choice PPO
- MHealth - MHHS Freedom of Choice
- MHealth Choice
- Molina Healthcare - STAR (Medicaid)
- MultiPlan - HMO
- MultiPlan - PPO
- PHCS - HMO
- PHCS - PPO
- ppoNext - PPO
- Principal Financial Group - Classic Plus PPO
- Principal Financial Group - Classic PPO
- Railroad Medicare
- Rockport Healthcare Group - Rockport
- Secure Horizons - Insurance Plans
- Self Pay (No Insurance)
- Texas True Choice - HMO
- Texas True Choice - PPO
- United Healthcare - Choice HMO
- United Healthcare - Choice Plus HMO
- United Healthcare - EPO
- United Healthcare - HMO
- United Healthcare - Indemnity
- United Healthcare - Options PPO
- United Healthcare - Optum Health
- United Healthcare - PPO
- WellCare - Insurance Plans
- WellCare - PPO
- Workers Compensation
- Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- A.S.A.M.I North America-The Limb Lengthening And Reconstruction Society
- Texas Orthopaedic Association-Trauma Committee o Chairman 2001-2003
- Dean’s Excellence Award, 2002
- Dean’s Excellence Award, 2001
- Dean’s Excellence Award, 2000
- Memorial Hermann Golden Scalpel Award, 1999 & 2000
- Clinical Excellence Award, 1995
- Gilbert L. Hermance Award Outstanding Graduate, 1986
- President’s Honor Roll, 1984 and 1986
- Dean’s List, 1983 and 1985
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, 1986
- Athletic Letter in Sports Medicine, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986
- Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Trauma
- 1. Ricci WM, Schwappach J, Tucker M, Coupe K, Brandt A, Sanders R, Leighton, R: Trochanteric versus Piriformis Entry Portal for the Treatment of Femoral Shaft Fractures, J Orthop Trauma 22(3): pp S9-S13, 2008.
- 2. Tucker MC, Schwappach HR, Leighton RK, Coupe K, Ricci WM: Results of Intramedullary Nailing and in Patients Who are Obese Versus Those Who are not Obese: A Prospective Multicenter Comparison Study. J Orthop Trauma 22 (3): pp S14-S20, 2008.
- 3. Tucker MC, Schwappach JR, Leighton RK, Coupe K, Ricci WM: Results of Femoral Intramedullary Nailing in patients Who are Obese Versus Those Who are not Obese: A Prospective Multicenter Comparison Study. J Orthop Trauma 21 (8): pp 523-529, 2007.
- 4. Harris Jr. John H, Coupe, Kevin J., Lee, Jody S.; Trotscher, Thea: Acetabular Fractures Revisited; A New CT-Based Classification, Semin Musculoskeletal Radiology 2005; 9;150-160.
- 5. John H. Harris, Jr., Kevin J. Coupe, Jody S. Lee, and Thea Trotscher: Acetabular Fractures Revisited; Part 2, A New CT-Based Classification. Am J. Roent 182; pp 136-137, June 2004.
- 6. John H. Harris, Jr., Jody S. Lee, Kevin J. Coupe and Thea Troscher; Acetabular Fractures Revisited; Part 1. Redefinition of the Letournel Anterior Column. Am J. Roent 182; pp 1363-1366. June 2004.
- 7. Harvey GP, Chelly JE, Al Samsam T, Coupe,K: Patient-Controlled Ropivacaine Analgesia After Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression. Arthroscopy J Arth Related Surgery 20(5): pp 451-455. 2004.
- 8. Glauser CR, Oden ZM Ambrose CB, Willits MB, Coupe, KJ: Mechanical Testing of Small Fracture Implants for Compasison of Insertion and Failure Torques. Arch Orthop Trauma Surge 123: pp 388-391. 2003.
- 9. James S. Manotta, Kevin J. Coupe, Richard Milner, Kim Heseltine: Long-Term Bactericidal Properties of a Gentamicin-Coated Antimicrobial External Fixation Pin Sleeve. J Bone Joint Surg. AM, Nov 2003;85 (Suppl4): 129-131.
- 10. Marotta JS, Coupe, KJ, Milner R. Heseltine KE: Long-Term Bactericidal Properties of a Gentamicin-Coated Antimicrobial External Fixation Pin Sleeve. J Bone Joint Surg 85-A (4): pp 129-131. 2003.
- 11. Chelly JE, Casati, Andrew, Al-Samsam ,Tameem, Coupe K, Criswell A, Tucker J: Continuous Lumbar Plexus Block for Acute Postoperative Pain Management After Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Acetabular Fractures. J Orthop Trauma 17 (5): pp 362-367.
- 12. Coupe KJ: Fracture Management: The Successful Use and Outcome of the IIizarov External Fixator in the Treatment of an Acute Proximal Tibia Fracture. Orthopedic Technology Review (4) 6: pp 16-17. 2002.
- 13. Chelly JE, Greger J, Gebhard R, Clyburn T, Criswell A, Coupe K, Buckle R: Continuous Femoral Blocks Improve Recovery and Outcome of Patients Undergoing Total Knee Replacement. J Arthroplasty 16: 436-446. 2001.
- 14. Chelly JE, Gebhard R, Coupe K, Greger J, Khan A: Local Anesthetic Delivered via a Fermoral Catheter by Paient-Controlled Analgesia Pump for Pain Relief After an Anterior Cruciate Ligament Outpatient Procedure. Am J Anesthesiol 28 (4): pp 192-194. 2001
- 15. Coupe KJ, Beaver RL: Arterial Injury During Retrograde Femoral Nailing: A Case Report of Injury to a Branch of the Profunda Femoris Artery. J Orthop Trauma 15 (2): pp 140-143. 2001.
- 16. Coupe KJ: Fractures and Dislocations of the Shoulder Girdle, Brinker M (ed): Review ofOrthopedic Trauma. WB Saunders Philadelphia 2000. Pp 225-237.
- 18. Weirich SD, Cotler HB, Narayana PA, Hazle JD, Jackson EF, Coupe KJ, et al: Histopathologic Correlation of Magnetic Resonance Image Signal Patterns in a Spinal Cord Injury Moedl. Spine 15 (7); pp 630-638. 1990.
- Marymount JV, Coupe KJ, Clanton, TO: Sports related Spontaneous Fractures of the Humerus. Orthopaedic review 18 (9): pp 957-960. 1989.
Available Online Appointments